SEPTEMBER 24th 2016: Come out and Compete in the 2nd Annual, Santa’s River Race! The race begins at San Marcos City Park, and finishes at Texas State Tubes (in Martindale), and is approximately 7.36 miles downriver. The competitors will face challenges including whitewater rapids, portages, and navigating past other competitors. The race will end at Texas State Tubes where there will be an award ceremony, BBQ, and Live Music. Best of all, the proceeds go to support San Marcos Sights and Sounds of Christmas.
- Race Day: September 24th 2016
- Cost per Paddler, pre-registration $40
- Race Day registration $45
- Registration includes entry, Race T-Shirt, BBQ, and entertainment!
- Boats Allowed: Kayaks and 2 person canoes
- When: September 24th 2016
- Where: The race will begin at Lyons club (in San Marcos).
- Time: Check-in will begin at 8:00am, the race will begin at 9:00am, Award ceremony will begin at 1:15pm.
- Duration: No longer than 3 hours
- Texas State Tubes will provide shuttle services back to the Lyons Club, after the race.
- Holiday Attire Encouraged!!! (Beards, hats, etc.)