Please join us for the 30th annual Sights & Sounds of Christmas, on November 30, December 1, December 2 and December 3, 2016. Traditionally, Sights and Sounds of Christmas marks the official opening of the Christmas Season here in San Marcos. We are proud of our Christmas wonderland and hope that you will spend this special time with us in 2016. The Sights and Sounds of Christmas event has consistently been voted the Best Event in Hays County and we expect upwards of 70,000 people to partake in the festivities on the beautiful banks of the historic San Marcos River. Again this year, activities will include holiday performances, the popular Bethlehem venue, Santa’s Retreat, Santa’s Gift Shop Booths, carnival rides, many different food vendors, children’s activities and, of course, thousands of spectacular lights.
Event hours are from 5:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday evenings.
- There will be a gate fee for the event for four days. As a vendor, you will be given two vendor passes that you will have to wear for all four nights of the event. You may share these passes with others who staff your booth(s). You will receive these in your packet when you check in.
- The Santa’s Gift Shop venue is located across the San Marcos River from the main stage, between the huge lighted Christmas tree and the Carnival.
- Booths will be 10’x10’ in dimension.
- EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION for a booth is $300.00 per each booth space reserved. The booths on the corners of the center aisle are PRIME LOCATIONS and will be $350.00. There are FOUR of these. Any payments received November 1, 2016 or later, the price will be $350.00.Payments will be made through PayPal. You will be sent an invoice.
- WHEN I RECEIVE YOUR PAYMENT, I WILL SEND YOU A COPY OF THE LAYOUT. YOU CAN E-MAIL OR CALL ME WITH YOUR TOP 5 CHOICES. If none of your desired spots are available, I will put you in one that is. The earlier you sign up, the better chance you have of getting your preferred spot! It is very likely, but NOT guaranteed, that you will get one of your five choices.
- You may sell all arts and crafts items in this area, but items will be strictly juried.
- We will not allow any health and beauty direct sales.
- You must submit your booth fee and the photos of your merchandise NO later than November 1, 2016.
- If you are selected as a vendor, only those items approved by the selection committee may be sold. You must list all of your merchandise categories in detail on the attached application. If you do not adhere to this requirement you will be asked to leave, and your booth fee will not be returned.
- It is important that you provide me with good contact information so that I can keep you all informed. I do most of my communication through e-mail, so if you prefer a different form, please specify.
- Please read, complete and return the attached vendor agreement.
For additional information, please contact Jessica Ramos at 512.393.8283 or email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you this year!
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT FOR BOOTH SPACE RENTAL
BETWEEN VENDOR AND SIGHTS AND SOUNDS BOARD FOR SANTA’S GIFT SHOP
- Booths are reserved for the entire event only. No one, two, or three day reservations are accepted.
- Booths must be staffed each night for the entire evening. Booths must be occupied only by the authorized vendor. Booths may not be sold to another vendor. A booth space may be shared by two vendors only if both are approved by the selection committee.
- Booths must be set up and staffed 30 minutes before the event opens each night and you will not be permitted access after that time. Vehicles will not be allowed on anything other than the paved parking area adjacent to Peppermint Plaza. Driving/parking on any grassy/pervious area near the Santa’s Gift Shop is strictly prohibited, and the Board reserves the right to bar you from the event if you are found driving or parking in the field area or if you disregard direction to remove your vehicle.
- Set up time is between 9 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 30th No vendors will be allowed in the event area before the stated move-in times. If you have not occupied your booth space by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 2nd, the Board reserves the right to rent the booth to another vendor and you will forfeit ALL money for the reservation of the booth. You can access the area after 3 PM on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Vendor’s vehicles may be parked in the event area for loading and unloading only. You must move your vehicle as soon as you have unloaded in order to provide access for other vendors. All vehicles must be out of the event entrance parking lot area no later than 4:00 p.m. on December 2nd or your vehicle will be subject to towing.
- You are permitted to decorate your booths, however blinking and/or rotating lights are not permitted. You may use only tape, cable ties, or florist gum on the tent, tent poles, or walls and this must be removed at the end of the event Saturday evening. You must provide your own display/table/chairs. We will NOT ALLOW any pop-up tents with the tops on them, as these block the lights to other booths. You can have the frame to your pop up tent up (to hang your items) as long as it stays in your 10×10 space.
- Individual sound systems are prohibited.
- Devices for personal heating are prohibited due to electrical restrictions. Vendors using space heaters or similar devices will be asked only once to disconnect them, after that you will be asked to leave. No exceptions. Electrical devices needed for your booth area such as an iron, microwave etc. will need prior approval from the event electrician. All applications must include the type of appliance requested with the amps and watts required for each.
- Smoking in city parks is against City Ordinance and will NOT be tolerated.
- Selling of merchandise is restricted to the vendor’s booth area only. You may not solicit your merchandise in any other area of the park.
- Selling of raffle tickets and the distribution of literature not related to your merchandise is strictly prohibited.
- Security is available, however the Sights and Sounds Board does not accept responsibility for lost or stolen items and we encourage all vendors NOT to leave personal valuables in their booths overnight.
- Please request handicapped parking accommodation in advance, it will be granted if there is space available.
- Limited vendor parking will be available every evening. The vendor parking area will be opened to the general public after 6:00 p.m. each evening.
- Only cashier’s checks or money orders will be accepted for booth payment. No credit cards or personal checks will be accepted.
- The individual vendor is responsible for the collection and submission of all appropriate sales tax.
- Remove trash from your booth each evening and after the event. Dumpsters are provided. Failure to leave your booth space litter free may result in the loss of booth privileges for the next year.
- In the event of a cancellation (rain-out or otherwise), Sights and Sounds is not liable for any loss and/or damage to your products/materials. Also, you will be asked to remove your belongings in a timely manner. No refunds will be issued for the event.
The Sights and Sounds of Christmas Board will provide the following:
- A 10’x 10’ booth space(s) as reserved by the vendor.
- Publicity for the event.
- Security November 30, December 1, December 2 and December 3 (including overnight).
- One duplex electric plug per booth; 110 V only and overhead lighting.
- Trash dumpster for vendor use.
- Sign with vendor business name for booth space.
In consideration for the permission granted for the use of property and facilities of the City of San Marcos, the Sights & Sounds of Christmas Board of Directors, committee members and volunteers, the identified individual vendors and/or vendor organizations agree to hold harmless the City of San Marcos, officers of the Board, agents, sponsors, and employees of Sights & Sounds of Christmas from any loss from theft, damage by fire, water, accident any other acts of God or any other causes. It is expressly understood and agreed that the listed organization(s) or individual(s) will hold the officers of the Board, agents, sponsors and employees of Sights & Sounds of Christmas harmless from any liability, suit, destruction, injury, or claims caused by them. Sights & Sounds of Christmas Board of Directors and committee members are volunteers.
Refunds will be made on vendor cancellations if requests are received no later than November 1, 2016.
Booths may not be re-sold to another vendor.